Saturday, July 5, 2014

Film Photography: Monumentour Edition!

As a 16 year old I've never used a store bought film camera on my own time. Well, that was up until recently. On Monday, June 30th, I saw New Politics, Paramore and Fall Out Boy. It was not my first time seeing Fall Out Boy or Paramore so I applauded myself for wanting to try out those film cameras Paramore was selling at the merch stand. They were a bit over the edge on pricing for the film cameras they were selling. I mean $15 a piece? I bought two of them though and used them solely for Paramore's set. I took two pictures during New Politics just to set out the feel of the camera. Seeing as I've never used a film camera it felt weird actually having to look through the viewfinder and not being able to use the flash because it was a concert was kind of frustrating. Throughout the set I got some awesome pictures though. Not all of them came out because I mean, its a film camera. What should anyone expect from a film camera? If you say A+ quality, you're wrong dude. My mom works in the local CVS pharmacy so I had her drop the film off at the photo center for me and the next day we grabbed the photo cd's and the film. For a first time using film I must say I got some awesome pictures. I was intentionally going to this awesome grainy, vintage look and that is exactly what I got and I'm glad. Paramore had EXCEPTIONAL lighting for these cameras so when I was standing in the back of the crowd, fingers crossed hoping the lighting would come out awesome, they did! I tried so hard to get close during Paramore but as usual, it was difficult. Paramore has some dedicated, tough and not very nice fans sometimes but it is what it is and we were all there to see the same band. But, now that I've explained myself, enjoy some of my first ever film photos!!!





 This photo above, was definitely one of my favorite photos that I took. I took it at the most perfect timing to catch the fan in front of me enjoying the moment. The one below is also a good after shot too.










 If you notice the photo above, I applaud you for realizing that it is the background of my blog! (:
 These two photos were the two photos I took while I was testing out the film cameras. Not the best but its meant for trial and error! 

No comments:

Post a Comment